Wednesday 9 September 2015

New pattern release - Haute Skinny Skirt from Wardrobe by Me

Another gorgeous pattern from Wardrobe By Me!! This is the Haute Skinny Skirt - and it is stylish, flattering, smart and classy!


Design features include a super fitted high waist, that hugs you in all the right places, panels that wrap around the sides, giving a really slimming effect and it has a concealed zip at the back.

Construction is simple and the instructions are easy to follow - so you can knock one of these up in no time! The split has a clever little reinforcement, so you can be sure your stitching will be sturdy!


I made my first skirt out of a stretch woven (you need at least 5% stretch fibre content for this pattern because it has negative ease for a very close fit!), and I picked two plain fabrics for a simple smart skirt.


For my second skirt I used Ponte Roma, which has a lot more stretch to it, and also good recovery. I used a floral print for the front and back and plain black for the sides, for a more dressy version of the skirt.


Because this fabric is stretchy enough, I was able to leave the zip out the back, making this a pull on skirt - this meant I could leave all the pretty flowers intact and not have to worry about pattern matching!

To do this, I left off the seam allowance of the back pattern pieces, and sized down. I used a knit interfacing for the waistband to make sure it still had plenty of stretch to pull it on, but kept a nice structure.


The regular price of the pattern will be 8.5 USD, but you can use the code 'sister' until Saturday to get 25% off.

Get the pattern HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment